Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Kennedy's first day of school!


Today, Kennedy officially started Pre-K at Newman Elementary School!  She was SOOOOO excited!  (She couldn't finish her lunch and had her backpack and jacket on a full 15 minutes before we had to leave!)  Her teachers are Mrs. Kerilynn and Miss Katie.  She insisted that she not have ponytails (what I wanted) today so her teachers could see her "pretty hair."  I must admit, even though it's not Kindergarten (here, K is all day), it is 4 afternoons a week and it feels weird taking her every day to school and picking her up so much!  I guess I've officailly begun the "school mom" phase of my life.  But I am so happy for her and proud of her!  I cannot believe how big my little girl has gotten!  And though I'm certain I will miss her terribly (as will Matthew!), I can't wait to see what fun things she will learn this year!   

No comments:

Post a Comment